Skip to main content

Soooo Highschool!

One of the memories I have in High school was answering questions on a Slum book. It was fun! I remember my classmates would buy one just to know who is the crush of their crushes.

During University days we had the same thing but on a high tech mode through emails! 
Do you remember during the late 90s and early 2000s when email forwarding was so popular and one of the things were slum book questions that you have to answer and forward to people? That was fun right??

I was going through old emails when I stumbled upon these. To share friend's views about me back university days, here's what my friends/classmates have to say:

Classmate and friend Paolo back 2002:

1. My name:    CARMELA OSORIO
2. Where did we meet?:       UST...    3RD YR ATA.
3. Take a stab at my middle name:  PENA??? (WITH AN ENYE UN N) hula lng nman eh 
(just a wild guess!)
4. How long have you known me?:    ALMOST TWO YEARS
5. How well do you know me?:    PRETTY MUCH BUT NOT MUCH
6. Do I smoke?:    YEP
7. Do I believe in God?:        YEP
8. When you first saw me what was your impression?:   TAHIMIK 
(QUIET), BUT I WAS WRONG!!!
9. My age?: 22! (hoy 21 pa lang ako no!) (HEY! IM ONLY 21!)
10. Birthday:    AUG.1'80
11. Color hair:    BLACK WITH STREAKS
12. Eye color:    D.BROWN (AKIN DIN NO!!!) 
(ME TOO!)
13. Do I have any siblings?:    YEP! SI CES NGA UN ISA SABI NI EDRICK E! 
(YEP, CES, AS PER EDRICK!)
14. Have you ever had a crush on me?:        ISIPIN KO MUNA IF I BELIEVE IN BLACK BEAUTY!!!!  (HEHE!!! JOKE LANG!!!) 
(I NEED  A MOMENT TO THINK IF I BELIEVE IN BLACK BEAUTY!)
15. What's one of my favorite things to do?:  GUMIMIK? KUMAIN? EWAN... 
(GO OUT & PARTY, EAT..I DONT KNOW)
16. Do you remember one of the 1st things I said to you?: NDI NA EH... SOWEE! 
(NOT ANYMORE.. SORRY!)
17. What's my favorite type of music?: R&B
18. What is the best feature about me?:  YOUR SKIN COLOR!Ü
19. Am I shy or outgoing?:    OUTGOING
20. Would you say I am funny?:    HAHA!
21. Am I a rebel or do I follow all the rules?:  REBEL KPAG SA CLASSROOM... EWAN KO LNG SA BAHAY NYO 
(REBEL INSIDE THE CLASSROOM, I DONT KNOW AT HOME)
22. Any special talents?:        HMMM.......
23. Would you consider me a friend?:        SURE
24. Would you call me preppy, slutty, a homie, average, sporty, punk, hippie, glam, nerdy, snobby, raver or rocker? or something else?  SOMETHING ELSE
25. Have you ever seen me cry?: NDI PA (NOT YET)
26. If there was one good nickname for me, what would it be?:    NINANG!!! 
(GOD MOTHER!)
27. Are my parents still together?:    YEP
28. What do I love? (pretty general, huh?!):        LIFE
29. Have I ever told you I liked you?:    ALL THE  TIME I CAN SEE IT IN YOUR
EYES!Ü
30. Have I ever been in love?:    DEPENDE ON HOW YOU DEFINE LOVE... CGURO!
31. When was the last time we spent time together?    LAST THURSDAY PA ATA. 
(I THINK LAST THURSDAY)
32. If, in one hour, I'll be gone forever... what will be your last
words for me?:            ILOVE YOU CARMIE!

Classmate and friend Christine back 2002:

1. My name:    MA CARMELA OSORIO
2. Where did we meet? USTE 
(at the university)
3. Take a stab at my middle name:  P (pawaran?!)
4. How long have you known me?: 2 yrs   
5. How well do you know me?:   pano ba'to ma-measure? cguro kng ilan ang tama ko dto! :-) 
(hmm.. how do i measure this? i guess depends on how many correct answers I have here)
6. Do I smoke?:    minsan 
(sometimes)
7. Do I believe in God?:     yep   
8. When you first saw me what was your impression?:    k lang... mukng mataray pero mabait! ;P 
(you seemed okay, look a bit snobbish but nice)
9. My age:    22
10. Birthday:   Aug 1, 1980
11. Color hair: dbrown - ewan, di ko sure, kng ano kulay nun! hehe (dark brown, i dont know! Im not sure of the color!)
12. Eye color:    dbrwn 
(dark brown)
13. Do I have any siblings?:     yep
14. Have you ever had a crush on me?:    nge?! haha!!    
(duh!)
15. What's one of my favorite things to do?:   hmmm, MAgbake!!!! uy pahingi ulit ng recipe ha! ;p 
(Hmm.. baking! hey! can I have the recipe again??)
16. Do you remember one of the 1st things I said to you?:    di na e 
(not anymore)
17. What's my favorite type of music?:  hmm, di ko lam e, ok lng ata syo kahit ano ?!  (Hmm.. I dont know.. I think everything is okay with you)
18. What is the best feature about me?:  hmmm... ok k mgsmile.. pero i like your hair!!! ang ganda! hehe 
(Hmm.. you have a nice smile..But.. Ilike your long hair!)
19. Am I shy or outgoing?:    outgoing 
20. Would you say I am funny?:    hmmm, di ka rin naman ata nagpapatawa e 
(Hmm.. i dont think you ever joke!)
21. Am I a rebel or do I follow all the rules?:    follow rulez
22. Any special talents?:        hmm, masyado kang talented, di kasya d2 pag nilagay ko pa! hehe 
(Hmm.. you're too talented and it won't fit here even if I tried to)
23. Would you consider me a friend?:        oo naman ! (of course!)
24. Would you call me preppy, slutty, a homie, average, sporty, punk, hippie, glam, nerdy, snobby, raver or rocker? or something else? si carmie?! gimikerang studious--- lupit noh? hehehe  (You mean Carmie? She's a studious party girl! Cool right?!)
25. Have you ever seen me cry?:     hmm, di pa ata e! (hmm.. i dont think so..)
26. If there was one good nickname for me, what would it be?:    caramel!
27. Are my parents still together?:    yep
28. What do I love? (pretty general, huh?!):  hmm..bags? ewan pansin ko lng naman na mahilg ka sa bags...
hehe  (hmm..bags? I dont know.. but I noticed you love bags..)     
29. Have I ever told you I liked you?:    nope
30. Have I ever been in love?:     oo naman! 
(of course!)
31. When was the last time we spent time together?    bsta sa skul! nuing thurs ata... pero ung lst tym
we hung out, d ko na rn maalala... busy na kc e 
(at the uni, i think last thursday.. but the last tiem we hung out I cant remember.. it's been busy lately)
32. If, in one hour, I'll be gone forever... what will be your last words for me?: Carmie, thanks for being a good
 
friend! :-)    

I have to thank my two friends Paolo and Christine for this. I havent been in touch with them in the last years since we all left the country. From the last time I heard my friend Paolo and his family now resides in Singapore. as for Christine, she and her husband resides in Ireland were her family migrated after university.

Wasn't it fun to answer slum book questions?? I wondered giving it a try answering them now.. let's see how will I do:

1. Name:           Maria Carmela Osorio
2. Birthday & Place:        August 01 - Manila
3. Current Location:       Dubai, UAE
4. Hair Color:                Dark
5. Lefty or Righty:          Righty
6. Zodiac Sign:              Leo
7. Profession:               Architect & Office Manager
8. Heritage:                  Filipino
9. Shoes you wore today:          Massimo Dutti flats
10. Name three things you do everyday:              Browse my iPad, Kiss my man, my beauty regimen
11. Fears?        Death
12. Your most overused phrase:             REALLY??
13. Your first thoughts waking up: I gotta get up or I will be late (weekdays), It's the weekend sleep more! (Weekends)
14. Best Physical feature/s: Eyes, Lips, Hands & Nails, Butt, Skin Color (okay this is a general opinion)
15. Bedtime:     earliest 11:30pm
16. Pepsi or Coke:        San Pellegrino. i gave up soda.
17. McDonalds or Burger King?  McDonalds forever!
18. Chocolate or Vanilla:            Chocolate forever!
19. Cappuccino or Espresso:     Both!
20. Shower or Bath:      i love both!
21. Rain or Sun:            more rain at the moment because we barely get it here in the desert!
22.Have a crush/es:       yeah! my one and only man!
23. Have you ever  been in love: always!
24.Liked Highschool:     it's okay, I prefer university! so much fun!
25. Play an Instrument:   guitar
26. What's your poison:             Bailey's Irish Cream, White Wine, Macallan 12 &18, Proseco
27. Smoke:       Ocassionally. and just Cigars. Favorite is Pedroni Vanilla Ice from Italy.
28. Yes or No to Marriage: Yes!
29. How many Children:  Two! I hope!
30. How do you want to die?     The same time with my love.
31. What do you want to be when you grow up?   ahahaha I already grew up and I did become what I want to be.. an Architect! But I am thinking of pursuing another career in the future which is fashion design.
32. What place would you most likely to visit, mountains or beach?             Both. I love both.
IN A MAN...
33.Best eye color:        Any. Chief's is brown.
34. Best hair color:       Any. Chief's is dark.
35. Short or long hair:   Any, as long as it suits the person well.
36. Height:                   Tall.. taller than me when I wear my high heels!
37. Older or Younger:   Older. I like my man matured and someone I look up to. Like my man!
38. Rich or Smart:         Both if possible? lol!
39. Muscles or not:       Nope. I think they're very gay. just an honest opinion!
40. Glasses or not:       Doesn't matter to me.

This is so much fun! It feels like being young again. Though the answers are much different than before I guess, a little bit more mature. I suggest you copy the slum book questions I just answered, it's so much fun.

What about you guys? any fun memory from high school that makes you smile?

CIAO!

-CARMI


Comments