Skip to main content

[ARchicTECT Baking Adventure #06] Yummy Pistachio Buttercream Frosting

Hey Everyone! As promised on my previous blog I am sharing the pistachio buttercream frosting I used as filling for my Macarons. 

The ingredients are:
- 1 cup (200g) of granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup (50g) ground pistachios
- 1cup & 2 tbsp. (230g) chilled unsalted butter

Pretty simple right?? But the taste?? Amazing! 

Let's make our frosting shall we?

1. Beat together sugar and eggs on one bowl with an electric mixer at high speed. You want your batter to double in volume & become fluffy



This is how it should look like after mixing..
2. Pour the mixture in a saucepan & stir in ground pistachios. 

3. Heat over medium temperature & stirring continuously until the mixture forms a compact batter.
4. Pour in a container and cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge.
5. Cut up butter in small pieces and beat in a bowl until it expands in volume & becomes fluffy.

This is the consistency we are aiming for..
6. Add the chilled pistachio batter onto the butter mixture & whip again..
7. Mix thoroughly and refrigerate until it's time to use them..

Here's my pistachio buttercream in a piping bag ready for my macarons..
Pipe into your macarons and enjoy!

This is a really yummy frosting and I got a lot of positive remarks on my Macaron di Paris for this. Everyone just loved the filling. 

I hope once again I inspired you guys to bake. I will be posting a lot of stuff related to baking in the coming weeks since this has been my favorite activity for my weekends. 

I don't know with you guys but it just gives a good feeling of accomplishment every time I bake specially when I get things done correctly & I receive good compliments for it. 

It is quite difficult at first to perfect things from baking but remember not to give up when you make mistakes and just keep on practicing. 

The only downside of this is Chief & myself have increased our waistlines!! lol!! I think I should go slow on it!

Give this frosting a try and it should not fail to impress!


CIAO!

-CARMI

Comments