Skip to main content

Foundation Series for Oily / Combination Skin: EPISODE 01 - MAC Studio FIx Fluid

MAC Studio Fix has been my HG foundation for the last 5years. 


I’ve finished bottles and bottles of this baby. As we all know, MAC has one of the best color selection for foundations. I’m NC37 btw and because all foundations oxidize on me, it initially applies lighter on my skin and perfectly blends after a while.


This foundation finishes demi-matte on my skin. It has medium coverage which is buildable and I have tried spot concealing with this baby. But, I have to say after a while, the foundation melts and blends on your skin, the camouflaged spots will show up. I was suggested initially to do this method by the SA but it did not work on my oily skin. So if you need extra coverage, I suggest using a concealer.

swatch with camera flash
swatch on natural light

Finish is very good and can last for hours and hours even after a few times of blotting. It may even look naturally dewy as the day passes and it’s beautiful. It has never looked cakey and looks more like a second skin but of course should be applied well.

As for application, I use a round top or flat top kabuki brush for more coverage and a beauty blender on days that my skin is more forgiving and I have less to conceal. What can be helpful too is after going through a kabuki brush, you finish the application with light taps of a beauty blender.

I know you probably heard this advice many times but make sure to color match the foundation on your face near the jaw and see how it matches to your neck and your body. While it may be good to swatch on your hand, remember that the skin on your hand and face are totally different. The foundation blends differently since you have more oils on your skin. As you can see on my swatches, the foundation when blended appears to be matte but it applies demi-matte or glowy the rest of the day on my face. 

This is a very good foundation for everyday use since it gives a very natural finish especially when you color match well, and though it has SPF15, it photographs very well with just a natural glow on your face and not an obvious white cast.

This is that foundation that I will continuously purchase and will always have on my vanity table. It is still is my go to and my HG foundation. 

If you have further questions about this product, drop a comment below and I will do my best to answer each query.

Have a beautiful day!

Ciao!

Comments